Sunday 9 July 2017

Lovely Rainbows

Gooooooood morning

After an absence of almost 2 years I am back and what a way to get back into things.

Sharen Thumboo has arranged an awesome blog hop and the theme is rainbows. Rainbows are not just colourfull but they are also a symbol of rain and seeing as I live in Cape Town and we are currently experiencing very strict water restrictions, we can use a lot of rainbows in our lives.

So if you have followed the hop from the beginning, you should of have arrived here from Helen Duffett site. 

So here is my take on my rainbow card. I did not use the shape of a rainbow but rather the colours.


I bought this balloon die some time ago and fell in love with it but as with so many things, I put it away. Finally I had a good reason to use it. I used some cardstock in the 7 rainbow colours (a good use for those small pieces of cardstock that is sometimes thrown away). 


The die cuts has little "tail" but I cut that off as I wanted to add some silver thread. After I cut that off I added a piece of silver thread and tied them all together to look like a bunch of balloons. 

I used a normal size white card base and added a piece of cloud patterned paper, this was the perfect backdrop for my balloons.

I used a small piece of vellum as background for my sentiment. I stamped it with Versa Mark embossing ink and covered it with white embossing powder.

An that is as they say "THE END". Please leave a comment and be sure to visit the other blogs as many of them has some giveaways.

Please hop along and catch more rainbows. Your next stop on the blog hop is Margaret Kieser. Here is the complete hop list, hope you find your rainbow. 



  Here are the July 2017 participants: 
1.     The Girl with a Tape Runner https://thegirlwithataperunner.wordpress.com/
2.     Helen Duffett http://firenzecards.blogspot.co.za/    
4.     Margaret Kieser http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.com/  
5.     Ansu Badenhorst http://theivytreestudio.blogspot.co.za     
6.     Sharon Keanly http://sharonskardzkorner.blogspot.co.za/
7.     Valerie Ann Thorpe http://valbellesramblings.blogspot.co.za/
8.      Wilna Cremer  http://scrappinpreciousmoments.blogspot.co.za

23 comments:

  1. Love your card Marika. Those balloons are bright and cheerful. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Ursula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marika... Love your card, that cloud paper is the perfect background for your colourful balloons. So happy to be sharing this blog hop with you my friend. Big hugs Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! It is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the balloons in the rainbow colours. Great creation too with the balloons.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card and thanks for instructions!
    Margy from Digistamps4Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love your balloons. They are so cheerful. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card! Love that balloon die

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card....love your balloon die!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bright colours to brighten anybody's day. Perfect background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous! I love the balloons!
    xoxo olga

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice idea. Balloons in so many colour.... happiness

    ReplyDelete
  12. Balloons are my fave and I love that cloud paper behind the balloons. It really makes them pop. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely idea making your balloons in the color of the rainbow. Certainlu makes for a fun and colorful birthday card!
    Thanks for sharing!
    (Hugs) Cara
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! It makes me suuuuuuuuper happy. TFS this wonderfully bright creation.
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super fun birthday card! Love those balloons! My birthday is Friday so I am getting a little extra joy out of this beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you. It's such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, what a pretty card. I have that die too, and you've given me wonderful inspiration to use it again.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your colourful balloons, lovely card. Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Marika! I love the versatility of this card.
    It can be made (with some help from mommy) to be given to daddy from the kiddos, it can accompany a lovely handmade gift for a friend or be a decoration on top of a prezzie the kids take to a friend's birthday party.

    Thanx so much for the share! Mari

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing your card, love it!

    ReplyDelete